torsdag 2 augusti 2012

Pilgrims bag

I'll be going to the medieval week in Wisby next week. Today I realised that I won't have a handy way for carrying my things the days I wear an outfit that doesn't easily work together with my belt and bags. So I've decided to correct this, by making myself a pilgrim bag.

From my research, it's basically a shoulder bag of a more or less modern shape. I've chosen a slightly less complicated one, but not overly so, I should be able to put it together from only three pieces.




To make it more interesting, I'm going to add a few tassels, inspired by a number of smaller pouches I've seen and always liked the look of, such as this:


I'll probably stick to putting them only on the bottom of the bag though, mostly for practicality. Instead, I'll have a matching embroidered border along the lid to go with the tassels.

Now to raid the fabric chest in search of scrap to make the bag out of!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar